A Brief History of West Kalimantan Province
Based on the conservation number 25 in 1956, West Kalimantan
gets status as Autonomy Province area with capital of Pontianak.
This position as autonomous area applied commencing from the
date of 1 Januaries 1957. Hereinafter this date is considered
to be anniversary day thus West Kalimantan Province. But start
from 2002 the anniversary Days of The Government of West Kalimantan
Province is commemorated every 28 Januaries.
Since it determined as Autonomy area Province by 1 Januaries
1957 hence till now, occidental Kalimantan have led by nine
government, which is the leader of the regency. Governor H.
Usman Jaífar is West Kalimantan governor at that moment
and started undertaking since 13 Januaries in 2003. These days
government area of West Kalimantan province since it implement
as autonomy area based on the conservation number 22 in 1999
divided become ten regencies, two towns as provincial capital
West Kalimantan that is Pontianak city.
West Kalimantan Province is opened: on 1 January 1957
Legal fundament: Law No. 25/1956
Regional leader: Led by a Governor assisted by Vice Government
Name Of Governors Kalimantan West
West Kalimantan since stand up until now have been led nine
Governors consisted of:
1. Adji Pangeran Aflus (1957 - 1957)
2. Djenal asikin Judadiberata (1958 - 1959)
3. YC Oevang Oeray (1960 - 1966)
4. Kolonel Soemadi Bc Hk (1967 - 1972)
5. Kolonel Kadarusno (1972 - 1977)
6. Mayjen (Purn) Soedjiman (1977 - 1978)
7. Brigjen Parjoko Suryokusumo (1987 - 1993)
8. Mayjen H.A. Aswin (1993 - 2003)
9. H. Usman Jaífar (2003 - 2008)